As an avid reader I have discovered that good books, well, are starting to be more and more difficult to come by. Maybe it is because the national collective reading level is falling. Maybe it's because of the current president (people blame everything else on him; why not this?). The letdown of making a $20 investment at Borders or Barnes & Nobles in a very non-entertaining and subpar written book is painful. It is so much better to read blogs now; the high of finding a new favorite writer and hearing their adorable prose is even better than the occasional $20 investment that pans out.
Also, blogs are available on lots of different topics with many different voices. I happen to like "lawyer humor" and it is wonderful to find a perspective of a practicing attorney, professor, or even law student that really tickles my funny bone. Also, blogs tend to link to other blogs. You can find a whole string of favorites, like a gold mine, from one site. This is especially good on my other favorite blogging topic: celebrities. I don't like meeting them, but I love to read about them. It's like cooking!
The only down side is your favorite blog-author (blogger?) may not updated frequently. Or, their writing might not be consistently interesting, or even consistent. So you may spend days waiting for the next great post. Having multiple blogs you visit solves this problem though. And having one consistent site for each of your favorite topics.
No comments:
Post a Comment