Thie past weekend was my moveout weekend. It was also the weekend closest to my boyfriend's birthday. So I was out of town when I should have been packing boxes and cleaning. Needless to say, that is what Monday and Tuesday were for, around a busy work schedule and other elements of drama. But it went suprisingly smooth. Even though I lost the number to the movers. Even though I thought that the move would take longer than the slated 2 hours. Even though I thought I had too much stuff.
On Thursday, after buying $80 worth of packing material, I attempted to find a parking space on my ever crowded street. Gripe no 893 about living in the midwest: people do not know how to park. Most of the parking areas can fit five cars. Most of the time they only have three, poorly parked and completely in the way vehicles of ditzy college girls who can't seem to understand that proper parallel parking requires you to back into the space. As you can see, I love my neighbors.
I properly approached a parking space, pulling ahead to back into it. Then all of a sudden, another car took the spot pulling forward. I was like, wow. Then I had a flashback to a moment in Boston, when I did the same thing, and the woman got out and threatened to key my car. But I am a Christian. I did not key this person's car. I drove up to my building, dropped off the boxes, and parked around the corner. But as I walked back to my building, past the prime parking space that was stolen from me, I had an unbelievable urge to pop the key out of my Volkswage Jetta key fob and send a line of hate down this horrid girl's white paint. But I quickly shook away the thought. This is not the east coast. I found another parking space not too far away. Boy, but Boston has forever changed me.
This incident was followed by a trip to the airport, where once again I received dirty stares from pedestrians I practically ran over with my luggage. I wasn't late; I was just in my perpetual state of moving quickly. Maybe it's because I have been working late. Maybe it's because I have been sleeping more. Or maybe it's because I will never adjust to a slow pace of life again. Actually, now to think of it, I have never done anything slow. I don't wait; I act. It's actually not a bad thing for a lawyer; not being afraid to act. But it is a horrible thing at the water park, when I rushed my boyfriend (on his birthday visit none-the-less) to pick what rides he wanted to ride. At one point, I think he gave up. I felt bad. But darn it, he was slow!
An eventful weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment