The double standard in place is sad. Especially since the same people saying "don't treat her that way because she is a woman" were sharpening their knives to have another woman for dinner. They talk tenderly about how someone's family should be out of bounds, after spending months attacking Obama's wife for claims of using the word "whitey".
The absolute icing on the cake has to be that Palin says she is a product of Title IX. If you don't know, title nine is a promise for equal attention (and money) for education for men and women. It was passed in the 70's. I had no idea Palin was a college athlete, because that has been the single impact of this legislation. Title VII, however, is probably what she meant, but then again maybe not. Title VII, and AA programs, have made the biggest impact on the number of women enrolled in higher education. But then, that would mean actually knowing something about government and law. And Palin has shown that she is not very knowledgeable.
I am not trying to be hard on her. I don't have a vindetta against women. I do, however, dislike when people of inferior intelligence are used to give minorities or women a bad name. It's like when Barbie used to say she wasn't good at math. Why? So she could discourage women from showing aptitude. Palin is a Republican version of no-math Barbie.
No comments:
Post a Comment