Monday, June 16, 2008

Strengths 2.0

My boyfriend suggested that I find my strengths using the book strengthfinder 2.0. He recently found his strengths. I didn't agree with all of them, but then I only know him in a particular way. Our work selves, and our friend selves, differ from our relationship selves.  

My strengths were Achiever, Futuristic, Focus, Empathy and Individualization.  Honestly, I don't get two of them: futuristic, and empathy. I do know that I am an achiever; I am absolutely obsessed with achievement. I also am a really focused person. For example, when I run errands, I plan my trip to be circular. I am obsessed with efficient use of time and energy. And a little OCD.

It was actually really fun to take the test. I think that for the most part it was accurate. It was right about a lot of different things I don't normally think about. You do have to buy the book, but it is a worthwhile look at your strengths.   

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I took the strenthsfinder test my freshman year of college - at my school it was a requirement. I think they had some connection with the guy who created it, but I forget.

My strengths were Deliberative, Restorative, Input, Futuristic, and Adaptability.

I found it pretty accurate, though at first I had to dig into what restorative meant and I wasn't convinced that I was terribly adaptable, especially since I was definitely NOT adapting to my college well.

Did you not get what they meant by Futuristic as a strength, or do you just not see yourself that way?

Pretty Cool Lawyer said...

I guess I didn't see myself in that way. I am a planner, but I certainly live in the present. But I must admit, I do have to stop myself from being obsessed with my five year plan. But maybe I didn't understand it; I didn't read the book.

I didn't see these as being my "strengths" per se. But then again, there are parts of yourself that even you don't know.

Sometimes we are better at things than we give ourselves credit for being.