Right now, I can blissfully say that I am in love. He is tall and handsome, and he is super nice. I am very happy. But it is hard, mostly because we don't live in the same city (and never have) and also because, well, I feel like at times I am always at work (not right now, while I am recuperating from sickness, but most of the time).
Life requires balance, some kind of balance. Even if the scales are drastically tipped to one direction, and work/family/bowling get most of your attention. Something wins, other things pick up the slack, and if you fall asleep at night feeling fulfilled, you have created some type of balance.
The trick, I think, is reaching that balance. It isn't having the scale tip perfectly between two extremes. It isn't having everyone praise you for reaching a work/family nirvana. I think it is reaching a sense of fulfillment at the end of the day, knowing that you have worked hard, played hard, and it's time to go home. Some days, I feel like that. Some days I don't. I really hope that at some point in my life, that feeling becomes the norm. Until then, I will resent that I don't get to talk to my boyfriend very much when I am working, and worry that he will feel neglected, because he was totally there for me when he was working and I was not (I was studying for the bar, and needed a LOT of reassurance).
No comments:
Post a Comment